Investigations do not only occur after a crime has transpired nor does it have to be so serious and large-scale looking like the ones you see in shows or…continue reading
28+ Sample Survey Reporta
Disaster Preparedness Survey Reportdownload now
Employee Satisfaction Survey Reportdownload now
Reporting and Using Survey Findingdownload now
Project Survey Reportdownload now
Customer Experience Survey Reportdownload now
Building Survey Reportdownload now
Geophysical Survey Reportdownload now
Business Survey Reportdownload now
Safety Culture Survey Reportdownload now
District Survey Reportdownload now
Sample Survey Reportdownload now
Sample Property Survey Reportdownload now
Sample Property Survey Reportdownload now
Student Satisfaction Survey Reportdownload now
Survey Accomplishment Reportdownload now
Brief Survey Reportdownload now
Survey Inspection Report Formdownload now
Property Transfer Survey Reportdownload now
Employee Engagement Survey Reportdownload now
Field Survey Reportdownload now
Market Survey Reportdownload now
Junk Food Survey Reportdownload now
Students Satisfaction Survey Reportdownload now
Baseline Survey Reportdownload now
Student Survey Reportdownload now
Household Survey Reportdownload now
Technical Survey Reportdownload now
Fire Safety Survey Reportdownload now
What is a Survey Report?
A survey report is a kind of report writing that contains information about a survey. It is a document that objectively presents the results of what we have gathered in a survey that we have conducted. Analysis of the survey is written in a survey report. Survey summary is also a part of it. Realibilty survey, market research reporting, and any other survey usually have a survey report. This report is used by companies who needed the survey to see the results of it better. Survey results report is written after the survey was done. It should have objectives and should be based on facts. It should be clear and precise. You need to have a good skill in writing to make a survey report. It is important because any facts about the survey should not be misinterpreted. Survey data should be well-explained in the report. The results of the survey should be clearly reflected. The survey report gives definition for the following:
- The objectives that a survey has
- All the questions in the questionnaire
- All the respondents of the survey
- The date that the survey was conducted
- The demographics of all who has taken the survey
- The analysis from the given data
- The conclusion with the results of the survey
- The reason why the survey was conducted
- The channels you have used for the survey
- How can the results help to implement better things
Types of Survey Report
As surveys has different natures and objectives, there are different kinds of survey report. You should know what is the type of your survey before making a survey report. These types are the following:
Employee Survey Report
This is a survey about an employee engagement. It is conducted so that employees can tell his opinion about their workplace. The company would know about what they think about the company and they could do something to improve it for them. It is a chance for employees to be heard with this kind of survey. The survey would reveal what was in their hearts and it can be considered by the owners of the company because with the survey, these things could reach them.
Customer Survey Report
This is one of the most common type of surveys that most of us have encountered. For sure, everyone of us has already filled up a form about a certain product or service. This is done so the company could later improve their products. They could be aware of the feedback of the customers. Whether they are contented with their product or not, they would know through the survey. Points on how they could improve their products can be also be learned through this. They can even put some questions about their competitors so they can compare their product to their competitor’s product. This kind of survey report is very useful in businesses that was why many businesses conduct some survey to prove their products.
Market Survey Report
This survey is almost the same with customer survey report. It talks about how a product do with the market. It is a competitor research. It is aimed to a particular demographics of audience, analyzing their preferences. This could improve the marketing strategies of every company. They could learn more about the market with a market survey report.
Social Survey Report
All the things that are about the society are written in a social survey report. This includes things about poverty, children, marriage, climate change, social issues, even government issues. It has the stats about a particular topic. These topics are up-to-date topics that we usually encountered in our present lives. This type of survey report is also common. Almost all of us have already taken this kind of survey before.
Importance of a Survey Report
Survey report is important because a survey is needed by companies or institutions. Here are its importance:
How to Make a Survey Report
After conducting a survey, a survey report is needed to relay the information better. If you do not know how to make a survey report, you can use these following steps:
Step 1: Prepare the questionnaire.
The first thing that is necessary to have is to make a questionnaire. This questionnaire should have all the questions that is needed for you to have a proper research about a certain thing. These questions should not be hard questions. We must be sure that the respondents could answer the questionnaire easily. Let us not give them a hard time dealing with it. All questionnaires have the preliminary questions about the personal details of the respondents. Their demographics are important in any survey. So every survey should contain these. Then it would have questions about a particular topic or product. The questionnaire should have 10-50 relevant questions. You should not make a questionnaire with too many questions as the respondents may not want to finish it. Read each question properly and be sure that it is easy to understand. You may ask about the likes and dislikes of the respondents, or what are the things that they do or not. You can also ask about their opinion, what they consider best and the least that they consider. Mostly the questions can be answered by a yes and a no. Sometimes they can scale choices from 1-10 or 1-5, depending on the number of choices. It can also good to ask them for sentences to be answered as this will give a greater analysis with the survey. There are factors to be considered in making a questionnaire and these include:
- Making objectives – There should be objectives about the research. Your questions should align with these. This will guide you in making your questionnaire. For example, you are conducting a research for an online product. Then make an online form for it.
- Tell who are your respondents – Know the target audience. This will determine all the questions that you will have to put in the questionnaire.
- The survey method – You can choose whether you will have quantitative or qualitative method. You can also use both if you like. If you will use an online form, it is suggested to use qualitative method.
- The kinds of questions – Choose the kind of question that you will use. They can be close-ended or questions that are rating. You can be careful in selecting questions. Just know what the respondents could easily answer.
Step 2: Start gathering data.
After you have made a questionnaire, collect data by giving it to respondents. Distribute it to people of different demographics. Your data can be more accurate with this. Ensure that your information is secured and the implementation is effective.
Step 3: Write a summary.
There are headings that your survey report should have. These are:
- Title of the survey report – Your survey report should have a title page. Use a good title appropriate for the survey. It should be something that will tell about the survey clearly. It could be the topic of the survey or the name of the product.
- Table of contents – Put what your survey report consists. Have a table of contents that will detail what your report contains.
- Executive summary – At the beginning of the survey report, make an executive summary that contains the main points of the survey. This summary can be 1 page or 2 pages. This should be concise and good. It should be a compelling summary that contains the complete thought or the actual result of the survey.
- Objectives of the survey – State the objectives of the survey so people would know the reasons why you have conducted it. It is good to tell the purpose of the survey so everyone would understand its need.
- Methodology used – Write about the methods that you used in the survey. This will somehow explain something about the result.
- Result of the survey – Write the result of the survey. Be careful in calculating and writing it. It should be accurate. Be sure to input the sum of all the questionnaires or you will have a biased survey.
- Recommendations – Have a conclusion about the survey. Analyze it and write some recommendations that you can give. This will give some solutions to any problems that can be described through the survey.
- Appendices – It also should have appendices so that all sources will be accurate.
Step 4: Make your survey report perfect.
Polish your survey report. If you can think of extra analysis, then add it to your report. You can also add charts, graphics, and tables to explain your analysis about the survey. Read it once or twice to spot errors. The question whether it would make improvement to your product should be answered. Or the survey report could not be effective. So you have to be extra sure that it is accurate. After having done this thing, then off the survey report. It can be submitted to its intended reader.
Do I Have to Include All Questionnaires in the Survey Report?
Yes, include all the answered questionnaires. The report will be accurate with this. It will not be good if you omit something. That would not be a true data. Be sure to include everything because the survey report meant to contain all the results.
Where Can I Get a Survey Report?
If you will make a survey report, you can get a template in the internet. You can also find a survey report example that you can follow. Download it and edit it. Of course, you have to conduct a survey first. Select a particular topic or product then make a questionnaire about it. Put questions that you want to be answered. Distribute it to respondents and gather the data. Analyze the data and you can put it in your survey report. But if you are looking for a survey report that you can read, you can also search for it in the internet. Or ask survey companies for a particular survey report that you need.
Surveys are so common these days. Some even earn by answering surveys. It is easier to conduct surveys now about the particular thing that we want to know about. So a survey report may be easy to do. Just as it was common to respondents, businesses commonly conduct it also. It is useful anyway.