Henry Ford once said, “The only thing worse than training your employees and having them leave is not training them and having them stay.” As such, staff training is…continue reading
24+ Sample Housekeeping Checklist
Housekeeping Award Checklistdownload now
Housekeeping Inspection Checklistdownload now
Housekeeping Checklist Exampledownload now
Maintenance and Housekeeping Checklistdownload now
Basic Housekeeping Checklistdownload now
Hotel Housekeeping Cleaning Checklistdownload now
Data Housekeeping Checklistdownload now
Formal Housekeeping Checklistdownload now
Building Housekeeping Safety Checklistdownload now
Printable Housekeeping Checklistdownload now
Housekeeping Department Infection Control Checklistdownload now
Housekeeping Checklist in PDFdownload now
Sample Housekeeping Checklistdownload now
Housekeeping Inspection Safety Checklistdownload now
Housekeeping Verification Checklistdownload now
Housekeeping Checklist Formatdownload now
Semester Housekeeping Checklistdownload now
Warehouse Housekeeping Audit Checklistdownload now
Housekeeping Small Business Self Evaluation Checklistdownload now
Draft Housekeeping Checklistdownload now
Simple Housekeeping Checklistdownload now
Hospital Housekeeping Checklistdownload now
Housekeeping Safety Checklistdownload now
Fire Prevention Housekeeping Checklistdownload now
Housekeeping Facility Checklistdownload now
What Is a Housekeeping Checklist?
A housekeeping checklist is a list of things that a housekeeper has to do. It is the basic way how to clean a house, construction site, hospital, or workplace. The checklist has the rules and guidelines of a cleaning service or a janitorial service. It contains a work strategy to have a systematic and organized way of cleaning. Through the checklist, you can incorporate your wishes on how you would like to clean. You will have the flexibility to do your work. The checklist will help you to be trained on your job. It is how you can show customers that you love your service.
The cleaning staff can efficiently clean the place through the housekeeping checklist. If you have a hotel, hospital, office, or nursing home. or warehouse, you rely on the housekeeping staff to clean your place. The staff leaves the place spotless. They ensured that it is complete with amenities. They do housekeeping duties so that you can operate properly. In hotels, housekeeping staff ensures that they will clean the place without evidence of the previous guest. So, you can see that housekeeping is a very thorough job.
Some examples of a housekeeping checklist are a workplace housekeeping checklist, a housekeeping checklist for a construction site, a housekeeping checklist for hotels, a housekeeping audit checklist, a warehouse housekeeping checklist, and housekeeping skills checklist. The checklist is a big help for the housekeeping staff. They will not tend to forget everything that they have to do. They can surely clean every part of the place. They can make a thorough cleaning that can make the place spotless. This is very important in housekeeping. Thus, you can achieve your purpose by having a housekeeping checklist.
You may want to have a good housekeeping checklist format for your checklist. This way, you can make the checklist more readable for you. You can have a better checklist that can help you in your work. A checklist can help you to be prepared for your housekeeping skills. It can guide you so that you will not commit any mistakes. You can be sure that you will have an extensive cleaning that can be approved by anybody. You can surely accomplish your goals through the checklist. Thus, you can promote health and safety in the place that you are cleaning.
Sample Housekeeping Checklist
Maybe you need a 5s housekeeping checklist. Or maybe you simply want to have a housekeeping sample checklist that can help you. We can provide you with a sample that can help you clean. Read and consider the following:
- Mop the floor of the kitchen. Sweep it always.
- Have kitchen cleaning tips.
- Clean the kitchen sink.
- Soak pans in the sink.
- Wipe the top of the stove.
- Clean appliances like the microwave and refrigerator.
- Have a toilet cleaning checklist.
- Wash rugs.
- Replace wastebasket and rug mats.
- Wash the floor of the bathroom with a solution.
- Make the faucets shine.
- Clean the vanity countertop.
- Spray cleaner on the mirror of the bathroom.
- Clean the cabinets.
- Rinse the sink in the bathroom.
- Spray all-purpose cleaners on the counters in the bathroom.
- Spray tile cleaner and soap dish in the bathroom.
- Rinse the tub and the shower.
- Make sure that the shower track is clean.
- Clean the soap dishes and shower rack.
- Scrub the floor of the bathroom after spraying tile cleaner.
- Prep the floor of the bathroom with a bucket filled with all-purpose cleaner and water.
- Put a bath mat in the tub.
- Spray all-purpose cleaner on the toilet.
- Remove everything from the tub.
- Take away rugs.
- Have bedroom cleaning tips.
- Make the sock drawer organized.
- Fold the laundry.
- Organize the dresser.
- Make the bed.
- Vacuum the bedroom.
- Place a mint on the pillow.
- Have window cleaning tips.
- Remove dirt from the window screen.
- Clean the windows that are hard to reach.
- Use a glass cleaner to clean the windows.
- Wipe the windows with the newspaper.
- Open the windows and let the air out.
- Spray deodorizer in the room.
- Vacuum the living room.
- Empty trash cans.
- Stock hangers in closets.
- Wipe the telephone.
- Clean mirrors.
- Clean the microwave.
- Clean the refrigerator of any spoiled items.
- Clean the coffeemaker.
- Dust all furniture and fixtures.
- Remove cobwebs from walls and ceilings.
- Let the drapes slide easily.
- Replace bulbs that are burnt out.
- Look over the thermostat of the air conditioner.
- Ascertain that the lights are working properly.
- Take away any wrinkles on the bed cover.
- Make the pillowcase look neat.
- Replace the pillowcases.
- Tuck the sheets under the bed.
- Use a clean flat sheet.
- Look under the bed.
- Inspect the bathroom for stray hairs.
- Sanitize the toilet.
- Look for water leaks in the bathroom.
- Take away used towels.
- Dust all areas.
- Wipe down the appliances.
- Restock supplies and amenities.
- Wipe the top of the tables
- Inspect hidden areas.
Benefits of a Housekeeping Checklist
Have you seen a housekeeping checklist sample? Have you ever wondered what it is for? Maybe you want to know the advantages that it can give. Read and consider the following to know the benefits of a housekeeping checklist:
Tips on Housekeeping Checklist
There are tons of checklists to choose from and there are tons of things you need to remember when doing housekeeping whether you are cleaning the bedroom, the kitchen, the bathroom, or the office. So, if you are looking for a housekeeping checklist sample, or if you are searching for tips, then this article is for you. Listed below are the following tips on housekeeping checklists.
How to Create a Housekeeping Checklist
Do you need a housekeeping checklist template? Or perhaps you want to create your checklist from scratch? If so, then you’ll need an easy-to-understand guide to make one. Well, we can offer you some steps that you can apply and they are the following:
Step 1: Start with a Purpose
You must begin with a great goal. This goal is to promote health and safety in the place that you will clean. You need a good purpose so that you will do your best to clean the house. This is necessary if you want to ensure the cleanliness of your place.
Step 2: List Necessary Items
Now, you should begin listing all the things that you have to do. In doing this, you must remember to clean every area of your place. You should not forget a single thing to make your place clean. Be sure that you can clean all areas of your house or workplace.
Step 3: Follow the Checklist
Be sure that you can stick to the plan. You must follow the housekeeping checklist carefully. Be sure that you can adhere to whatever you have written. Remember, you must take full responsibility for housekeeping.
Is a housekeeping checklist necessary?
Yes, it is necessary. Only through the checklist can you be reminded of all the things that you have to do. You will not forget a single thing. You can ensure productivity through the checklist.
What are the don’ts in workplace maintenance?
You must remember to not block the emergency exits. Do not put storage on the stairway or aisle. Do not build materials on the floor.
If we want our place to be completely clean, we need a housekeeping checklist that can make this happen. We can ensure that thoroughly cleaning can take place. A result is a spotless place that we can be proud of. Well, do you need a template for a housekeeping checklist? This post has a 24+ SAMPLE Housekeeping Checklist in PDF | MS Word. Creating a great checklist will be easy for you with the help of these templates. Download now!