In today's age, there are plenty of applications that are released for the end-users to make use of, be it a better way to navigate the streets on the…continue reading
A 360 degree feedback is necessary in evaluating co-workers performance. We have to be honest on what they are doing in work, whether they are doing their part or not. Many aspects in doing the job are factors in giving a performance review. We have to tell what a co-worker has been doing in regards to teamwork, competence, attitude, efficiency, flexibility, communication, creativeness, and leadership. We can tell the truth about these things because we are with our co-workers everday and we can see how they have been doing in their job. Perhaps you are about to make a co-worker evaluation and you lack for words for co-worker evaluation or you may want to see co-worker evaluation examples. This article will tackle things about a co-worker evaluation. You can find some co-worker evaluation examples through performance review phrases that you can use in making a co-worker evaluation. It also has tips that you can use in making your feedback. You can be able to write a co-worker evaluation at the end of this article because you can find some steps on how you will write it. Keep on reading and learn new things!
3+ Sample Co-Worker Evaluation
What is a Co-Worker Evaluation?
A co-worker evaluation is a document of a performance review of employees given by their peers. It is given to the manager or supervisor to help them know how well co-workers have been doing in their job. The co-worker evaluation also gives an understanding to the manager or supervisor on how well an employee has been relating to his or her peers. It provides insight about the cohesiveness of workers at work. The manager or supervisor will know on what area about the team needs effort for improvement. The co-worker evaluation may not be so comprehensive at all times but it can contain positive feedback and constructive criticism. To provide a performance review to a co-worker can sometimes be awkward because you have to tell what he or she has been doing. But if we will look at things positively, we can also give a positive report. Anyway, giving a performance review or feedback is easy because we know what we should tell. In work, we see our co-workers every single day and we know how they are relating to their job.
What to Say in a Co-Worker Evaluation
To make a co-worker evaluation is easy, but sometimes we lack for words for co-worker evaluation. Here you can find phrases that you can use in making a co-worker evaluation. In different aspects of a job, you can try to say the following things:
Co-Worker Part in the Team
- Has a good leadership for the team and can give proper assignments to every team member
- Gives inspiration to others to be at best at their work
- Can make the team to finish the project on time
- Should have skills in cooperation with co-workers
- Gives assistance to co-workers even if it is not one of the duties
- Needs advice from co-workers regarding work
- Do not have a willingness to help co-workers when needed
- Has self-inspiration and can complete every task on time
- A good thinker who contributes in having great milestones for the company
- Need some help to not miss deadlines on projects
- Is going out from the workplace in office hours
- Has a good expertise in everything
- Do tasks according to the company’s standards
- Always has overbreaks and is not doing anything
- Has good communication skills
- Should have to be encouraged first to have cooperation with co-workers
- A friendly co-worker who has a good relationship to all colleagues in the company
- Has a good communication in discussing the requirements of projects to all the teammates
- Has difficulties in giving ideas when it comes to projects
- Has a good collaboration with superiors to be effective at work
- Is not good in receiving a bad feedback
- Has a positive outlook and can make good decisions
- Needs to have a good attendance because he or she can be a candidate for termination because of absences
- Has a good attitude which is one of his or best strengths
- Can give a mutual confidence with all the colleagues
- Gives encouragement to other co-workers
- Is not a disturbance to the workflow
- Is bullying other staff members
- Has the capacity to give creative ideas to solve any problems at work
- Has skills in handling tough situations
- Has no interest in innovative things about work
- Do not have creativity that can make the team more productive
- Is an expert in innovation
Quality of Work
- Is meticulous in ensuring the success of any project
- Has a good precision in all of his or her work
- Needs improvement in the processes of the work
- Cannot keep up to the monthly goals
- Has many work errors
- Can meet all deadlines for all the projects
- Can finish all the tasks assigned to him or her
- Cannot be trusted with confidential things about work
- Do not have appreciation with the achievements of the team
- Undecisive when it comes to objectives and duties
- Can be a great example to other co-workers
- Is ready to give assistance to all co-workers
- Gives encouragement to teammates to do better
- Has an incapacity to lead all the team members
- Can maintain a learning culture in the company
- Can give inspiration to others to better excel in their job
- Makes the team focused in all their works
- Has a good ear for the complaints of the co-workers
- Has good plans that can give success to every project
- Is trustworthy and can be trusted with all the projects
- Always ready to follow orders at work
- Is a faithful employee who is good at all he or she does
- Is reliable to finish any task
- Active in meetings and can meet all expectations
- Can be given heavy assignments even how hard it is
- Should have an extra work as an overtime
- Work results are unreliable and needs constant reviews
- Abandons his or her task and just let others to finish it
- Unmovable on feedbacks from the manager
- Can meet the expectation for every project
- Has a calm attitude on any tough situation
- Can apply efficient methods in doing business
- Do not want changes that can improve productivity
- Needs to have flexibility at work
- Do not want to be transferred to another department
- Miss on deadlines when the project becones a little more difficult
- Always ahead of time in seminars and conferences
- Is always late in going at work
- Should follow the attendance policy
- Should have a good attitude on being on time
- Is always absent and gives his or her work to others
Tips on Co-Worker Evaluation
Sometimes we owe our co-workers to give them a proper co-worker evaluation. They are being good to us at work, so we have to provide a good co-worker evaluation, too. Learn some of these tips in providing a good co-worker evaluation:
How to Create a Co-Worker Evaluation
If you have not seen a co-worker evaluation template or co-worker evaluation examples, you might be new in creating a co-worker evaluation. You can have the following steps so that making a co-worker evaluation will be possible to you:
Step 1: Set a certain goal.
First, you should know your objective. If you know that the co-worker evaluation is for the welfare of the company, you will begin to have the decisiveness to make the co-worker evaluation good. You can make a vow to yourself to be honest in making it. The company has the right to know the exact capacity of its every employee, and if you can do something to help, then you should be ready to give a 360 degree feedback. No holding back. You will plainly tell the truth about your co-worker.
Step 2: Meditate on the qualities of your co-worker.
To be able to provide an honest co-worker evaluation, you must remind yourself that you should put the exact qualities of your co-worker in it. Think of how well your co-worker does in regards to teamwork, leadership, accountability, creativity, and other aspects that has been affecting their job. You see your co-worker everyday, and you probably have the best idea of how he or she is when it comes to work. Make an outline about these qualities and list them on a paper, so you will know what to write in the co-workers evaluation form.
Step 3: Get a co-worker evaluation template.
Sometimes, the company distributes a co-worker evaluation form to be filled up by employees. But in case, you have to make your owm co-worker evaluation, you might search for a co-worker evaluation template that you can use. Find something on the internet that suits your preference and edit it on your computer. Use the outline that you have made and write your performance review. If you have doubts in your evaluation, or you think it is not good enough, you may search on the internet again for co-worker evaluation examples or performance feedback examples. They might help you on things that you may have forgotten to write.
Step 4: Read the evaluation to ensure that it is beneficial.
After writing the co-worker evaluation, read it. Ponder on everything that you have said, ensuring that you have said the right things. You can ask yourself some co-worker evaluation questions to ensure that the evaluation is beneficial and that you have written everything that you should write. When you think that you have done enough, then be ready to submit the co-worker evaluation to the manager or supervisor.
Do I Have to Be Honest in the Co-Worker Evaluation?
Yes, definitely. You have to fill up every co-worker evaluation form honestly. The company deserves that. It has to know the exact quality of the job of your co-workers. If you will not be honest, the company will not know the areas which all of you have to improve. It will also not know whether an employee has been good or bad.
It may be a little hard for you to provide the co-worker evaluation as honest as you can. You are thinking of what your co-worker will think of you, if you will have a negative feedback about him or her. You do not want to have conflict to any of your co-workers. But you have to bear in mind that you have to be exact in your evaluation. Tell the most honest things. As they say, “The truth never hurts”. Your co-worker may get it a little hard to accept your evaluation, but he or she will eventually accept it. On the other hand, do not forget to report positive things your co-worker has been doing. Everyone of us should be apt for a good report. So, in making a co-worker evaluation, remember honesty and put it first.