Planning to have a restaurant or a business operating 24/7? How are you gonna do it? Well, of course, you gonna need labor power and the real question is…continue reading
13+ Sample Home Maintenance Schedule
Yearly Home Maintenance Scheduledownload now
Home Maintenance Schedule Exampledownload now
Basic Home Maintenance Scheduledownload now
Printable Home Maintenance Scheduledownload now
Home Maintenance and Inspection Scheduledownload now
Home Maintenance Schedule in PDFdownload now
Home Maintenance Fee Scheduledownload now
Sample Home Maintenance Scheduledownload now
Quarterly Home Maintenance Scheduledownload now
Formal Home Maintenance Scheduledownload now
Home Maintenance Schedule and Checklistdownload now
Standard Home Maintenance Scheduledownload now
Floods Home Maintenance Checklist and Scheduledownload now
Home Maintenance Checklist Formatdownload now
What is a Home Maintenance Schedule?
What is a maintenance schedule? Is it something that you should completely follow to have the assurance that your house will be safe? Yes, it is. If you will not do maintenance for your home, it will easily be broken. Maintenance is an important thing that we should do for our home. A home maintenance schedule is something that we should follow to keep our house safe and clean. It is a checklist of cleaning hacks that we should do in our house having specific times on when to do it. You can have a maintenance schedule that can be done weekly, monthly, or yearly. You can also have an annual home maintenance schedule that can be done every winter, spring, summer, or fall. The schedule is a preventive maintenance and it has cleaning tips that we can apply for our home. Deep cleaning is necessary once in a while, and we have to check every part of our house if it still have a good condition or if it is broken. Not checking can make our roof or wall to fall off and our drainage and garage to be dirty. Broken things are dangerous to us and dirty places can make pests to live in our house. We must avoid these things. Our house should be a comfortable place to live and we shuld not let these things happen. So home cleaning and maintenance schedule is a must for every house.
Sample Home Maintenance Schedule
A weekly home maintenance schedule may be a good thing to do, but sometimes a yearly home maintenance schedule is what can work for us. Maybe we do not have all the time to do the property maintenance. But if we can schedule the cleaning in all the days of the year, we can have room to clean the whole house. You can use the following schedule in making a home maintenance:
Winter Home Maintenance Schedule
It is extremely cold in winter. There are some things in your house that you need to check. You can do the following preventive maintenance every winter:
- Put a cover on the air-condition.
- The outdoor water pipes will freeze in winter, so you have to shut the valves.
- Every month, change the furnace filters.
- Check the basement if there is a leak because of melted snows.
- Inspect the roof and gutters if there are any damage because of storms.
- Vacuum the exhaust fan.
- Repair wall damage by repainting.
- Re-grout the tiles in your kitchen and bathroom and put a silicone sealer.
- Put copper sulfate on the floors to prevent tree roots from sprouting.
- Vacuum the refrigerator.
- Clean the drains in showers and sinks.
Spring Maintenance Schedule
Trees start to bud in spring and it is a very good time to prepare your home. A spring cleaning is a good thing to do and you can have this house maintenance schedule:
- Change the filter of the air-conditioning unit.
- Check any loose siding.
- Inspect the roof if there are loose shingles and look for leaks.
- Check the batteries of the smoke detector.
- Make a deep cleaning on the window screens and door screens.
- Remove dust from the light fixtures.
- Do repairs on rotting woods.
- Do a polishing on the furnitures that are made of wood.
- Clean the gutters from leaves and from storm debris.
- Clean the deck.
- Repair the floors of the porch.
- Get a professional to check the septic tank.
- Repair caulk on the house.
- Put oil to the track of the garage door.
- Make the flower beds clean.
- Check if the chimney is damaged.
- Fertilize the yard.
Summer Home Maintenance Schedule
We enjoy the warm weather in summer, and the household maintenance schedule is the last things that we can think of. But still, there are a lot of maintenance to do in summer. They are the following:
- Paint any part of the house that needs painting.
- Vacuum the carpets and the hardwood floor.
- Check cracks on the patios and landings.
- Seal the roofs when needed.
- Search for signs of ants and termites that can destroy the house.
- Wash the exterior of the house even if only once.
- Check the trees and make pruning.
- Replace broken faucets.
- Check if the dishwasher is broken.
Fall Home Maintenance Schedule
Fall is a moderate weather that is a perfect time to do property maintenance. Whether you may need a professional or not, you can do the following on this property maintenance schedule:
- Remove sediment from the water tank.
- See if there are obstructions in the fireplace.
- Clean the chimney.
- Patch the way on the drive.
- Repair the parts of the house that is affected by weatherstripping.
- Check the flow of the drains.
- Rake the lawn.
- See if the water heater is okay.
- Drain hoses and check the sprinkler.
- Look at the wires in the house.
- See if there are any hazards in the fireplace.
- Drain the plumbing system.
- Repair cracks in the walkway.
11 Tips on Home Maintenance Schedule
A house cleaning schedule is essential in maintenance. Perhaps you need a home maintenance schedule app that can help you in cleaning and repairing the house. But to help you better, you should use some tips on home cleaning maintenance schedule. Consider the following tips:
How to Make a Home Maintenance Schedule
Do you need to make a yearly maintenance schedule or a monthly maintenance schedule? Maintain a home maintenance calendar and use the following steps in making a home maintenance schedule:
Step 1: Plan all the tasks that you need to do.
The first thing that you can do is to make a task list. Consider some cleaning hacks and cleaning tips so that you will have an idea of what you can do. Apply these as you think of all the jobs that you need to do in your house. Remember that you are not going to do the minor cleaning, but the maintenance of your home. You should know the difference so that you can pinpoint the things that you need to do.
Step 2: Assign a time for each task.
You have to decide when you will do every maintenance task. You can consider on doing it monthly, quarterly, or twice a year. Make a column where you will list all the tasks and you will put prior to it the time when you will do it. Put the frequency for every task. You can also assign tasks according to the seasons of the year. You can do them every winter, summer, spring, or fall.
Step 3: Make a home maintenance schedule calendar.
Now, consider a home maintenance schedule calendar that can make you to record your tasks better. Repeat what you have written. Record the tasks carefully so that you will not forget anything. Your house should have a proper and preventive maintenance on its every part, so you must not forget any important task.
Step 4: Put some reminders.
In your calendar, you must provide some space where you can put some reminders about your tasks. Put these notes so that you will have a thorough maintenance in your house. The notes may be about how you can do maintenance better or some tips for every tasks. So, reminders are important because maybe you have some things to say. After that, your schedule for home maintenance is prepared.
What Could Be Your Best Advice for Home Maintenance Schedule?
You should check regularly the parts of your house. You should also always have the supplies that are needed in fixing your house or for doing maintenance. If you can avoid worse damage, you can keep your house neat and safe. So, before anything worse happens, you must see to it that your house is properly maintained.
What is the Best Frequency for Home Maintenance?
The best frequency is twice a year. Through this, you can avoid any possible damage in your house. If you want, you can assign seasonal tasks for your house. It is also good because you can ensure the good condition of your home throughout all the seasons.
Our house can have damages as the years go by. This is a thing where we should act. Damages are hard to avoid. It is part of living. But we can do something to make the damages minimal. We should have a proper maintenance for our houses. This is the reason why we should make a house maintenance schedule. Do you need some help on it? This post has 13+ Home Maintenance Schedule in PDF. These templates can help you in making a home maintenance schedule. Download now!