With the advent of digital technologies, many educators and various institutions are practicing innovation in teaching and facilitating independent learning through asynchronous communication and intelligent systems. The limitless resources…continue reading
Or maybe the church has one big goal that it wants to achieve like building a new church house. Or maybe just having a goal to strengthen the ministry. Church planning comes in every time the ministry has a goal. They have to build an action plan that can make their missions possible. In this article, you will learn some things about church action plan. Its benefits will be discussed. You will also learn how to make a church action plan. Are you someone who needs these things? Then, brace yourself and keep on reading!
14+ SAMPLE Church Action Plan
Church Action Plandownload now
Sample Action Plan for Churchdownload now
Church Mission Action Plandownload now
Church Developing Action Plandownload now
Basic Church Action Plandownload now
Church Action Plan Exampledownload now
Simple Church Action Plandownload now
Church Action Plan Formatdownload now
Church Growth Action Plandownload now
Church Mission Action Plan in PDFdownload now
Printable Church Action Plandownload now
Formal Church Action Plandownload now
Standard Church Action Plandownload now
Professional Church Action Plandownload now
Task Force Jubliee Church Action Plandownload now
What is a Church Action Plan?
An action plan is an effective tool that is used in planning. It is a proposed strategy for goals and objectives. A church action plan is the plan used to focus on the priorities of the church. It is something that can improve the ministry. Church growth is something important, and it will be easier to achieve if there is a transforming church action plan. Church strategy is needed so that the ministry will have something to use to go further with their plans to achieve its goals. The action plan may give roles to every person in the church so that together they will build the mission of the ministry. The plan is a strategic plan that will provide definite steps so that the ministry will have progress. In every goal that the church will have, they will make an action plan that can be a roadmap for all the things that they can do for the church. All the people in the church will just refer to it and they can follow the strategies needed for the goals of the church.
Benefits of a Church Action Plan
The church makes a church emergency action plan or makes a sample strategic plan for church ministry because it helps them to improve their church. It has numerous benefits. It is better than doing impromptu things. The church people will be more disciplined in achieving the goals of the church and they can expect success better. Here are some of the benefits of a church action plan:
How to Make a Church Action Plan
Action plan for a church may seem hard to do. But it is essential to do it so that your ministry will achieve its goals. Action plan for church growth is something that any ministry should give importance. If you are convinced in making a church action plan, you can have the following steps to make one:
Step 1: Involve all your church members.
Maybe the first thing you have to do is to have a consultation with all your church members. Consult them to let them know that they have to take a part in the church action plan. Everyone should be involved. You are a church and it is a part of serving the Lord. You can have corporate meetings. You can also give them questionnaires to know their opinions about the church action plan. It is a good aspect so that you can make a shared vision. You should develop a strategic plan together.
Step 2: Have a mission statement and a vision statement.
The vision statement will be the heart of the ministry. It is an ideal on how you will strategize in your plans. All of you should have a shared vision and you should make a vision statement that tell your goals for the ministry. It will state what your church will want to accomplish. Its topic should be the most important for your church. It should encompass your Christian faith. The mission statement is almost the same with the vision statement. You only have to be definite about all the things that you should do. It tells why your ministry exists and what it is set out to do. Having these statements can direct you on what you are going to put in your action plan. It will be a pattern on how you are going to mold your actions. It is very important so that your church will achieve things that are only aligned with the beliefs of the church.
Step 3: Make a SWOT analysis.
A SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) is a good tool on how you can target resources for the church. You can know opportunities that can improve your strategies. It can bring growth and development to your ministry. To start the SWOT analysis, you may consider the following:
- Strengths – What is the advantage of your church above other churches? What could be its strength that can contribute to the success of your ministry? For example, does your church has numerous church attendees? Is its number more than any churches?
- Weaknesses – What is the disadvantage of your church when it comes to other churches? What could be the thing where your church excel the least? For example, is your music ministry weak compare to other churches? Do you have enough resources or are you lacking?
- Opportunities – What are the potentials that your church will have an improvement? What are the opportunities that can be found in your way? For example, do you have good ministers that have the great potential to be pastors? Do you have an online church where you can possibly gain more church members?
- Threats – What are the conditions that can give problems to the ministry? What are the possible threats that you can experience? For example, is your church located at a high crime area? Are attendees decreasing and church members stop going to church?
Step 4: Develop a strategic plan.
After you are done with the SWOT analysis, it is time for you to write organizational goals. You can use SMART goal and answer the following questions:
- Specific – Do you have specific goals that can give direction to the church action plan? Be definite with your goals so that you will be sure of what you are up to. Give clarity to every goals. With that, you can accomplish it in the best manner.
- Measurable – How can you measure your success? Will the action plan give improvement to your church? is it a good chance for development and growth? How will each team member benefit from it? Is the plan a good strategy that will expand your church?
- Attainable – Are your objectives attainable? Can all church members contribute to the execution of the plan? Is it possible to accomplish? What are the hindrances that you can experience?
- Realistic – Are your goals realistic? Are the plans easy to do? Are they possible to accomplish? What are the things that will be impossible for your ministry to do?
- Timely – What is the timeline for all your goals? Can you accomplish everything within the completion date? Do you need extra time? Does the scope of work match with the timeline?
When you are sure with the goals, then, you can develop the action plan. Choose strategies for all the things that you need to accomplish. Set roles for every church member so that everyone can take part with the mission. You are a ministry. And you can prove your love by helping one another. Know the things that you can include in the church action plan. Ask the following questions:
- How can you build your church and make it grow or expand?
- What are the things that you should stop doing in church?
- What can be the new ideas that you can incorporate in your church?
- How much resources do you need to execute all your plans?
- Do you need some training for the church members to achieve your goals?
- How can you track the progress of the action plan?
- What are the important changes that you have to make for the church action plan?
Step 5: Communicate the action plan.
The church action plan is a thing that should be used everyday in your ministry. Discuss it with your church members. It is a document that they can use to make church strategic planning effective. Distribute the church action plan sample to the Mission Community. It is better that many will see it. Create a flyer or put it in your newsletter. You can also refer to it on the sermons. Review your action plan regularly and use it as you make any priority in the ministry.
How Can a Church Expand?
Churches can expand through the help of an action plan. They can share their mission and vision and people can see the goodness of the church. It can also give strategies on how they can get new church members by doing a church campaign that can be promoted by the church members themselves. If the church can also engage online, and through an action plan, they can gather more attendees. It is like building a brand identity. The strategic plan can attract people to go to their church.
What is the Best Way to Make a Church Action Plan?
You can search for ministry plan template or mission action plan template. A template can give you ideas on how you can create a church action plan. You can even edit it and use some of the things that are in it. The easiest way to have a church action plan is to develop goals for your church. Call your church members to ask their opinions so that they can contribute to the action plan. Involving them can make you to gather ideas and can confirm to you that they will really cooperate. You need them to execute the action plan. Collect some ideas so that you can make an effective action plan that can give growth to your ministry.
God is not an author of confusion. Even at the church, we have to make a systematic approach in doing things. A church action plan can point us to the best direction on how we can make our ministry grow. We will be instructed of the things that we should do and we can identify our priorities. Are you decided to make a church action plan now? You can get a template using this post. It has 14+ SAMPLE Church Action Plan in PDF. Pick any that you like. Download now!